Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing 15


Games : while I appreciate this opportunity to learn more about gaming in libraries, I'll never get it. When I was a teen I had pinball, Pong, and Donkey Kong. And while I really enjoyed playing these, they did not define me like online games define many teens today. I can't even imagine, as a teen, sitting in my dark basement for hours and hours with a headset on "connecting" with my friends as my nephews do. Needless to say they are overweight, socially (in real time) inept, and slugs.
I find Second Life to be interesting but wasn't sure what the point of the Second Life video tour was. My reaction is "So what?" But i do see the appeal that this would have on the CMPL teen webpage. Unfortunately our library system is light years ( billions of lightyears, probably trillions) away from every having the expertise, pemissions, or interest to every do this.

No comments: